Monday 6 January 2014

A New Year, A New Start

I've neglected my blog so badly that I'm glad there's no Blog Protective Services to come take me away.


So, with the new year, comes the resolution to take better care of it. I retired the end of September, so I really haven't much excuse for not posting more regularly. I was thinking that having some categories for specific days might help. Maybe something like Debi's  WIP Wednesday or Foodie Friday. I'll have to cogitate on this some. If anyone has any ideas, do let me know.


Grampa had rotator cuff surgery in September and was off work for 7 weeks, giving me a taste of retirement together. All I can say is, that man better find himself something to occupy his time with. Something that doesn't include the TV going all day. Good grief. I was ready to throw that darned machine out.


His surgery went well but he has so much arthritic wear and tear that his surgeon told him he'd likely need a shoulder replacement in the future. Poor man has already had both hips replaced. He says, when they dig up his body a few hundred years from now, they'll wonder if we had robots and why would we bury them...lol.


In November/December, we spent 3 glorious weeks at our condo in Mexico. It was miserably cold, here in Canada, while we were gone and hasn't warmed up since. It's been cold all across the country without much relief in sight. I've only left the house twice since Christmas. I'm grateful, though, that we're not in any of the areas that were hit with the ice storm, blizzards and ensuing power outages. Those poor folks have sure had a rough go of it.


And that is about as exciting as my life has been.


TTFN



2 comments:

  1. Good to see you Barb. I hope everything goes well for your hubby and he heals up quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete