Monday 27 January 2014

I've Been a Baaaaad Girl

On Saturday, I went to the next town over with my 13 year old g'daughter. She has 2 little brothers (4 and 6) and their house is in a state of chaos while the flooring is being replaced after a laundry room flood. I figured she could use a break.

Walmart was my undoing. I had to pick up a few things there and then remembered that I needed some green yarn to finish the memory blanket. Not really certain how much I'd need, I got two balls.


Then I spied some fun colours for the chemo caps. That particular stash needed some jazzing up, colour-wise. The blue one on the left practically glows and the turquoise in the centre is far prettier than it appears.


Then it was off to another store that I'd heard about but never been to. I wasn't sure if it was a regular second hand store or a consignment store. I didn't go with the intention of buying anything. I just wanted to see what the store was about. I learned that it's a regular second hand store. And they had yarn. A bit more costly than what our local thrift shop charges but still cheaper than buying new and it's worsted weight instead of the baby yarn I usually find in ours.


As promised, it's been tucked away until I use up my current stash.

Somebody put me in time-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment