Tuesday 21 January 2014

I'll Show You Mine If...

...you show me yours. Your stash, that is.

It was Grampa's weekend to work so Sunday afternoon I decided to organize my stash. Figured it was a job best done when he wasn't around to see just how much I actually have. You all know what I'm talking about. *wink*

Good grief. Even I was surprised. I mean, I knew I had a lot but, geez, Louise!

First up are the WIP's.


This is an afghan I started ages ago to give my mom who is a huge fan of jigsaw puzzles. I don't have enough of the lighter purple to make a piece so I added a couple of others so you could see what each section will look like. Mom knits like crazy for charities but, like many of us, doesn't make anything for herself.

The following are things I'm working on for Knit-a-Square .


Go-over.


Tank-top style vest.


KASCuddle for babies. I make these with the little bits of leftovers. Two strands and always one light strand and one dark. I love the tweedy effect it gives. And because the colours are always changing, it doesn't become boring to work on.


Hexagon sweater.


I've had the light blue yarn for literally years. I remember buying it when my eldest, now 32, was a child. Eek! So I've decided to get it used up. It's a little thin so I'm pairing it with the green baby yarn to make the square a bit thicker. I came across the other two squares that I had worked on as a take-along project and then forgot about.


This is the yarn I have for the cancer caps I'll be taking to Mexico.


Crochet cotton picked up at the second hand store. The plan is to use it for embellishments on some of the darker squares.


Reeeeeeeeally old school Phentex that's been discontinued for ages. Some I bought way back when and some I found at the second hand store. This stuff is fabulous for slippers.


Bought to make myself a shawl.


Also bought to make myself a shawl. Lighter weight than the previous one and probably way more than I'll need...lol.


Baby weight.


Sport weight.


Chunky. The large ball of green on the left is actually neon green.


Textured yarn.


Christmas yarn.


Worsted weight above and below.



Some yarn I found after I got all the photos taken. Again, the green on the right is the most glorious shade of neon. Going to make a scarf for the teen aged g'daughter with that.


A 44 Qt/41.6 L tub of balls.


The KASCuddle yarn.


And here it all is, minus the WIP's and crochet cotton. Sorted by weight because that's what makes sense to me.

And I see I missed three large skeins of a nice soft worsted weight. Doesn't surprise me. You should have seen the state of my living room while I was doing this...lol.

My goal is to use this all up this year without buying more. I'll still pop into the second hand store to see what they've got. I generally don't get too lucky there as yarn gets snatched up fairly quickly. But anything I pick up will be set aside for next year. Wish me luck!  Haha!

Ok. Who's brave enough to show their stash?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Barb - you've got a lot of yarn. I loved looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see why I wanted to do this while Grampa wasn't home...lol!

    ReplyDelete