Wednesday 5 February 2014

Woo Hoo Wednesday

Weigh-in Day. I'm up 1.5 pounds but my total overall measurements stayed the same. So I guess it's a Woo without the Hoo...lol. I'm attributing the weight gain to the monthly weight gain many women have. I'm making small changes at a time and haven't been exercising, just tracking what I eat. I'm going to incorporate using the treadmill for 30 minutes, 3 times a week. Maybe more if I can rustle up the gumption.

I got the brown cap finished but haven't started another one yet. Also 2 more squares for the memory blanket.


And I've almost completed one sleeve on the go-over. The go-overs are rather boxy but they're meant to be quick and easy and roomy. These usually go over top of other clothes, so they need to have lots of room around the shoulders so they don't bind. Other KAS members manage to make some mighty pretty go-overs within the parameters of the pattern. I'm not so talented.


Got 15 more squares done this week. Here are the basic ones.


And here are 3 that I fancied up a bit.


The black and grey one is an adaptation of another square but it didn't quite work out. It's got a bit of a pucker but I'm going to send it anyways. KAS doesn't demand perfection. Their main request is that the squares are 8 X 8 inches and this one is.

The star applique...yeah, I don't know what I do wrong. It's off-centre. My flowers ended up doing the same thing. They start out in the middle but don't end up that way. It must be in how I'm holding them as I'm sewing. Oh well. The kids won't care.

I had just a small ball of Christmas yarn left so I used it up in the middle and then finished it with the red. I really like this pattern. It's a great way to use up small amounts. It's on the KAS website.

And that's that.

What Woo Hoo did yoo doo?


No comments:

Post a Comment