Friday 24 May 2013

It's Raining

Finally!

It's the first real rain of the year and it's badly needed. Fields are dry. Forest is dry. My front lawn, which faces west, is brown and crunchy.

The timing stinks, though.

It's grad day for one of the schools. It's supposed to be rainy and windy in the afternoon. Those poor girls. Their Cinderella gowns will be muddy on the bottom and their expensive hairdos will be mussed up.

It's also rodeo weekend. There's always a pancake breakfast and parade. It will literally be raining on our parade. The arena is going to be a sloppy pit. I can't imagine it would be safe for horse or rider. We're not a rodeo family so I won't be one of the spectators getting soaked in the stands.

Rain doesn't normally excite me but, since I'm not involved with grad or the rodeo, I'm happy to see some moisture finally arrive. I'd prefer it was during the week instead of the weekend, but we take what we're given, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment