Sunday 24 June 2012

Spidey-ghan Ta Da!

I finally got the Spidey-ghan done. I found the pattern at Stitch 'n Frog . I had a lot of fun making it because I'd been wanting to make one for our g'son. I was thrilled to find a pattern instead of having to create one myself.

I made it with Loops and Threads Necessities. I've never seen Necessities named on anyones' blogs but that's what it says on the label. I used a 5mm hook. I only made a couple of changes. The pattern doesn't say to add a round of black after the first red section but I wanted the separation of colour so I added that. I found the tips were curling too much so, on the last round, I did a ch3 instead of ch2 and adjusted the finishing round. They still curl a bit but not as badly as they did at first. It measures 43 inches in diameter.

Edit to add: The pattern calls for a ch3 for the web lines. I had to change it to ch2. Also, it calls for 14 oz each of red and blue. The yarn I bought came in 7oz balls. I used about half of the second blue one but only a bit more than 3/4 of one red one.


It still bubbles in the middle. The picture doesn't adequately show how dome-like it is. I had no idea why it wouldn't lay flat until I went to measure it and discovered that my points weren't lining up. Somewhere, waaaaay back in the beginning, I miscounted and ended up with only 11 points instead of 12. ARGGHH!!!  Oh well. Little Man won't mind.

Here's a photo of it smoothed out some.



I quite like this pattern and plan to make another round ripple in the future but, next time...count those stitches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment