Tuesday 26 June 2012

I'm a New Woman!

I had an appointment today with the nurse practitioner to get a cortisone shot for my right shoulder. I saw her last week, after enduring months and months of rapidly decreasing mobility in it and she told me I had frozen shoulder. Frozen shoulder can be career-ending for hairdressers but I can honestly say that it hasn't affected my ability to do my work. If it was my other shoulder it could be a problem, though.

I kept reading and hearing about how excruciatingly painful these shots were so I was psyched up for the worst. PHHFFTTT! What a baby I was. It hardly hurt, at all. No worse than any other shot I've had.

She had me do a couple of mobility tests and the results were immediate. I wish I had done this sooner!

I was so happy I was almost in tears and I gave her a big hug. She said it usually hurts the next day and that I might not love her so much tomorrow. I told her that I would always love her for giving me back my mobility.

I don't have full mobility, yet. It'll take weeks for that to return and there's no guarantee that I'll ever be 100%. I don't care. I feel like I have an 80% improvement and I'm happy with that.

On the crochet front, I've started La Princesa's afghan. I wanted to work on it a bit tonight but it's hot and humid and we don't have A/C. My hands are just a smidge too sweaty so the yarn won't slide through my fingers. I took tomorrow off work so maybe I'll have a chance to work on it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment