Thursday 7 June 2012

Spidey-ghan Progress

I started this afghan a little while back. Progress is slow because I work part time and I have 2 bum shoulders that don't allow me to spend a lot of time crocheting in one sitting. I can only manage about an hour a day. Sometimes I push it to 2 hours but then I pay the price the next day. I wish I could spend hours and hours like I used to be able to but, hey, at least I can still do some, right?


I'm using Loops and Threads Necessities that I picked up at Michael's when I was in the city recently. The colours are actually a bit darker than the photo shows. I'm using a 5mm hook and you can see that it's puckering a bit. I tend to crochet on the tighter side so maybe I should be using a larger hook. I dunno. I'm no expert. Maybe it'll block out. My g'son is only 5 and won't care that it's not perfect.

This is my first round ripple so I'll work out the kinks on the ones that will be loved because they came from Gramma, not because they're perfect.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking nice. You're right - your grandson will love it because it came from Gramma. :)

    ReplyDelete