Monday, 14 April 2014

My Balls are Busted

I'm back! We actually got back 3 weeks ago but things have been hectic around here and I just haven't gotten around to posting. I'll do another post another day on all that's been going on.

I've been busy working on all those balls and I've finally got them done! I'm so glad to be finished with that project. The mostly somber colours were getting really boring. I broke out some bright colours this afternoon. What a treat!

So here we go. The original bunch.

What it looks like now. This is all sport weight yarn that I decided to add to the Cuddle Box instead of working up into squares.

The finished product. One hundred and eleven squares! This is the same bin that held the balls. It's crammed full. At 35 squares per blanket, there's enough for 3 blankets plus a few left over.

As I got to the end, some of the balls weren't big enough to make a full square, so I had to get creative. I think they turned out quite nicely.

I enjoyed this challenge I set out for myself and I'm proud of myself for actually finishing it. But I am glad it's done. I haven't figured out what I'm going to challenge myself with next. For now, I'm just working on squares in colours that appeal to me.

I'm also working on a couple of personal projects. I'll share those on Wednesday.


  1. Wow - 111 squares - you've done very well. Congrats on completing your challenge. :)

  2. Thanks, Debi! It feels good to have all that yarn worked up. I just might meet my big challenge of having my entire stash worked up by Christmas.