Tuesday 17 July 2012

Good-bye, My Friend

Today I'm mourning the passing of a long-time and faithful friend. We first met in 1996 and our relationship steadily grew. Sometimes it would be a month or more between visits and sometimes we would get together a couple times a week. My friend was always there on my busiest days, helping out and making sure my family was taken care of. Sure, she had her quirks, but don't we all. Sometimes her quirks would annoy me but, when push came to shove, I was very happy to have her in my life. Whenever I needed her, she was there.

In the old days, when a horse broke its leg, it would be shot. Today my friend broke a leg.










Good-bye, my friend. I hope the slow cooker I got for Christmas turns out to be as good and faithful a friend as you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment