Sunday 8 July 2012

Another Shopping Spree

Grampa had an appointment in the city on Thursday so we did some shopping while we were there. It's a 3 hour drive to the city so we like to make the most of any trip there. He wanted to stop at Golf Town so I went to Michael's which is just 2 doors down. Here's what I came home with:

 There's a purple loom missing. I was playing around with it and forgot to put it back in the package before taking the pic. I bought it as an activity to do with La Princesa but I discovered that loom knitting isn't as easy as I thought it would be. The instructions that came in the package weren't worth sh*t so I had to head to YouTube to learn how to use it.



Random yarn I bought for the colours. I'll figure out what to do with it later. That small ball beside the green skein is where I pulled out some guts to practice on the loom with.


More random yarn for an as yet undetermined project.


I've been wanting to make myself a shawl and I fell in love with this yarn. It has a thin thread of gold glitter running through it and it'll be perfect for dressier occasions. Now I just need to find a pattern.



I also got this yarn to go with the multi-coloured baby yarn I bought on my last trip. And some stitch markers. Cuz I might decide to knit my shawl. Not that I actually know how to knit. I kind of do but I'm much better at crocheting. I might try sweet talking my mom into making it. She's the knitter.

It's been hotter than God's basement the past couple of days and will continue to be so for the next week. The temperature range will be from the upper 20's to the lower 30's. Celcius, of course. Humidex will be in the lower to upper 30's, all the way to 39 Monday and Tuesday. For us folks in the Great White North, that's HOT! I expect that copious amounts of beer, the quintessential Canadian beverage, will be consumed.

Yesterday, Grampa set up the portable AC in our bedroom. I hate how noisy it is. But it does keep the room nice and cool. A little too cool for me. I usually end up adding a small blanket on my side of the bed. I'm sure that Grampa is half polar bear. He feels the heat much sooner than I do.

I've been working on a couple of projects. I'll post about those another day. In the meantime, stay cool, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Que buena compra has hecho!! unos colores preciosos, haber si pronto vemos el chal porque con ese hilo te va a quedar espectacular
    Gracias por tu comentario en mi blog y me quedo por el tuyo!
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Isa. Espero queda acabado por (para?) noviembre así que lo puedo uso en México. Gracias por tu comentario and por seguir mi blog.

    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete