Sunday 20 May 2012

May Long

This is a long weekend in Canada, Monday being Victoria Day. Our two eldest daughters are camping at a local campground, about 15 minutes away, with their husbands and children. Grampa and I drove out to spend the afternoon with them.

It was such a lovely day. Blue skies, warm sunshine with only a light wind. The very dry winter and spring we've had so far meant a fire ban that was only lifted a couple of days ago thanks to some much needed rain.

You know how smoke always seems to follow one person? No matter where that person sits, the smoke goes in that direction? Today I was the chosen target. Ugh! I stink. It's well worth it, though. I got to spend some time with my 4 favourite little people.

Boys sure do get dirty, don't they? My mom always said, "You can't have fun if you can't get dirty." I guess those boys had a whole lot of fun.

I thought about taking some crocheting out with me but I'm glad I didn't. I don't mind the smell of campfire while I'm at the site but I don't really want to smell it for days after. Any work I might have taken would have stunk.

And on that note, I'm off for a shower and to get out of these smelly duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment